- Practice Commenced: 2004
- Total Mediations (as of Mar 2020): 775
- Total Arbitrations (as of Mar 2020): 35
- AUGUSTA-RICHMOND COUNTY
- CHARLES-N. CHARLESTON
- HILTON HEAD
- MYRTLE BEACH
Mr. McCormack is a former partner in the Charleston office of Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP. Throughout his years of practice, David handled a wide variety of cases including products liability, simple and complex business/commercial disputes and employment and labor issues. Most recently he concentrated primarily on employment and labor matters and business/commercial disputes, while also developing an increasing ADR practice. Effective January 1, 2019, he left Womble to form David McCormack ADR, LLC, an entity devoted exclusively to conducting mediations and arbitrations. David is a certified civil court mediator in state and federal courts and is also a member of the National Academy of Distinguised Neutrals, the American Arbitration Association (Employment and Commercial Panels) and the American Health Lawyers Asociation Arbitation Panel. His ADR practice encompasses both mediations (over 750) and arbitrations (over 30). With regard to mediation, his philosophy is simple: I am retained by the parties for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to resolve the dispute that exists between them. I therefore believe in being an active mediator in pursuit of that goal.
- ADA Disability
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- University of Virginia School of Law, 1979 - J.D.
- Clare College, Cambridge University, 1976 - M.A., History.
- Yale University, 1974 - B.A., History, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Distinction in History.
Memberships & Affiliations
- 1979, South Carolina
- Admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the United States District Court for the District of South Carolina and the United States Court of Appeals of the Fourth Circuit.
- College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- SC Bar ADR Section and Employment and Labor Law Section (former Member, Employment & Labor Law Specialization and Advisory Board)
- Certified by the South Carolina Supreme Court as a Specialist in Employment and Labor Law (since 1992)
- American Arbitration Association (Employment & Commercial Panels)
- American Health Lawyers Association Neutral
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Employment and Labor and Alternative Dispute Resolution (2005-- present)
- Chambers USA America's Leading Lawyers for Business-Labor and Employment Law (2007 to present
- Martindale Hubbell, AV Rating
For mediation and/or arbitration rates and related information, please contact my office.